1. Think of one moment in your life that you haven’t healed from. A break up, a relationship with a parent, a lost job. Describe a painful moment in your life that you have been holding onto.
2. What people stepped up for me during this experience? For ex: You, family, friends, strangers. List everyone that played some role in your healing.
3. What growth did I have as a direct result from this experience? For ex: Have you built resilience or grit? Did it bring you closer to loved ones? Were you set free? Write whatever growth that you have experienced from this experience.
4. I didn’t see the positives at first. For example: I became free to be me, I found I had more time to do what I love, or I cultivated stronger relationships. Now after I’ve had time to heal, in what ways can I find gratitude from this experience?
5. I am FREE. What potential lies in my future now?
6. Every time I think of the situation or experience, in what perspective will I think of it now?
Adapted from The Exploring Yogini